Terms and Conditions
POPPY LOTTERY TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following are the terms and conditions governing Poppy Lottery. Poppy Lottery is promoted by Royal British Legion Poppy Lottery Limited (RBLPL Ltd), a subsidiary company of The Royal British Legion. The Quarterly Draws are promoted by The Royal British Legion. Both RBLPL Ltd and The Royal British Legion are licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission, www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
Royal British Legion Poppy LotteryLimited Licence details: Non-remotelicenceno:000-005274-N-309901 Remotelicence no:000-005274-R-309900 CompanyNo:2522956 Charity No: 1145007 Promoter: Royal British Legion Poppy Lottery Limited, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA Responsible Person: Guy Upward, Assistant Director of Fundraising Charity: The Royal British Legion
The Royal British Legion Licence details: Non- remotelicenceno: 000-004294-N-102943 Remote licence no: 000-004294-R-104539 CharityNo: 219279 Promoter: The Royal British Legion, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA Responsible Person: Guy Upward, Assistant Director of Fundraising Charity: The Royal British Legion
92% of lottery proceeds in 2017 (after prize and draw administration costs have been deducted), were passed to the society, Royal British Legion Poppy Lottery Ltd.
1. Purchase of entries to the Poppy Lottery must be from the Promoter, in accordance with the terms under which it promotes its lotteries.
2. Entries will not be sold to or by any person in a street, unless sold from a kiosk or on the doorstep.
3. Underage gambling is an offence and legally players must be aged 16 or over to enter lotteries. It is an offence for lottery entries to be sold to a person under 16. However, the rules for this lottery require new entrants since September 2016 to be over the age of 18. Any entrants found to be underage will forfeit the right to any prize and will have any monies paid in relation to the lottery returned to them.
4. The Promoter reserves the right to use the data provided by entrants to verify against publicly available data sources that they are over the age of 18.
5. Entrants must provide accurate entry information, including name, personal address and inform the Promoter of any changes to these details as soon as they arise.
6. Residents of England, Scotland and Wales (Great Britain) are permitted to enter. Those residing outside Great Britain, in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and overseas, are not permitted to enter.
7. Select employees of the Royal British Legion and those employed by their External Lottery Manager are not permitted to enter.
8. Entrants agree to the Promoter’s use of the information they provide in accordance with the currentdataprotectionregulations.
9. The cost of each entry is £1. More than one entry per week may be purchased and payment must be made in advance by one of the methods permitted, subject to the below controls.
10. Extra entries may be purchased from the Promoter for any one weekly draw at £1 each, subject to the below controls.
11. The Royal British Legion is committed to operating a socially responsible lottery and as such will need to verify with customers purchases of more than 10 weekly entries or more than 60 additional entries for any single weekly draw.
12. Payments can be made by Direct Debit, Standing Order, Postal Cheque, Postal Order or by Mastercard or Visa. CAF cheques may not be used to purchase entries.
13. Entries can be purchased online at www.britishlegion.org.uk/poppylottery or over the phone by calling the Poppy Lottery Helpline on 01249 280016 or by returning an application form to: Poppy Lottery, PO Box 4024, Chippenham, SN15 9HU.
14. All donations and proceeds from the Poppy Lottery go to The Royal British Legion, Charity Number219279.
15. The Promoter will conduct the Poppy Lottery draw every Friday (or on the next working day if this falls on a public holiday). The draw will be conducted by computer operated random number generator.
16. The Poppy Lottery draw weekly prizes are: £2,000, £200, 2 x £100, 2 x £50, 4 x £20, 190 x £10.
17. There are four Quarterly Draws during the year and all valid Poppy Lottery entries are automatically entered. The first prize in our Winter and Spring Draws (which take place in January and July) is £20,000 and the first prize in our New Year and Summer Draws (which take place in April and September) is £15,000. Other prizes are: £5,000, £1,000, 2 x £500, 45 x £25, 200 x £10
18. Extra entries for the Quarterly Draws may be purchased online at www.britishlegion.org.uk/playerzone.
19. Prize cheques are sent within 28 working days of a draw to the name and address of the registered owners of all the winning entries.
20. Any prize cheques not banked by the recipient within 6 months of the date of issue will be cancelled and the value retained by the charity as a donation.
21. The only prize alternatives are those stated by the Promoter. No interest is payable on prizes and the Promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
22. From time to time the volume and/or value of prizes may increase.
23. No liability is accepted for loss, damage or disappointment in relation to non-cash prizes. Non-cash prizes may also vary slightly from the image/description shown.
24. A list of the winning prize numbers with the winner’s title, surname and town/county of residence is published on The Royal British Legion's Poppy Lottery website.
25. Entrants accept that they may be required to have their photograph taken should they win a prize for possible inclusion on our website and in lottery marketing materials.
26. No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
27. The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. Providing that entrants have complied with the terms and conditions of the Draw, such cancellation will not affect their prior purchase of lottery entries nor their rights as a holder of such lottery entries.
28. Lottery entry payments will be held in a specific bank account and advance payments for future draws identified so that should the lottery be cancelled, entrants may be refunded payments for future draws.
29. The Promoter's decisions made according to the Rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
30. If you have an enquiry or a complaint about Poppy Lottery, please call the Poppy Lottery Helpline on 01249 280016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Our Complaints and Disputes Procedure is available on our website or can be provided by post on request.
PRIZE DRAW AND PROMOTIONS
We currently have some additional prize draws and promotions with individual terms and conditions. Please see details below.
POPPY PENNY PRIZE DRAW
Promoter: Royal British Legion Poppy Lottery Limited, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA
Company No: 2522956
We currently have two Poppy Penny Prize Draws coming up. The close date and prizes are as follows:
31st January 2018 - £500 or an iPad 29th June 2018 - £500 or an iPad
One entry will be permitted into the Poppy Penny Prize Draw for each correctly completed Poppy Lottery entry form we receive by the relevant closing date. The Poppy Lottery entry form must contain a Poppy Penny Prize Draw sticker, or if online the Poppy Penny Prize Draw code.
Winners will be selected using a computer operated random number generator.
Winners will be notified by phone or post and will receive their prize within 30 days of the draw date.
The name and county of residence of the winner will be published on our website: www.britishlegion.org.uk/poppylottery
The Promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
WELCOME BACK DRAW SPRING 2018
All validated re-subscriptions received between 1st March 2018 and 31st May 2018 will be entered into the draw to win 1 prize of £500.
The draw will take place on 1st June 2018.
The winner will be selected using a computer operated random number generator.
The winner will be notified by post within 30 days.
POPPY SHOP 10% DISCOUNT SPRING 2018
All validated re-subscriptions received between 1st March 2018 and 31st May 2018 will receive a discount code for 10% off at the Poppy Shop by post within 14 days.
The discount applies to online purchases from www.poppyshop.org.uk only.
The discount code must only be used once per person.
The discount code is valid from the 1st March 2018 until the 13th June 2018.
The discount does not apply to the Passchendaele Pin and Cufflinks (both the brass and copper versions).
The discount code will be confirmed by post within 14 days of receipt of validated re- subscriptions.
FREE THANK YOU GIFT SPRING 2018
All validated upgrades received between 1st March 2018 and 31st May 2018 will receive a free thank you gift.
Upgraders can choose from a Poppy Lottery trolley token, a Poppy Lottery magnetic notepad, or a poppy air-freshener.
NEW MEMBER GET MEMBER SCHEME - JANUARY 2018
As of 18th January 2018, if you recommend a friend to play the Poppy Lottery and they win one of our weekly prizes, you win too!
When we send a winners’ cheque to your friend, we’ll also send you a cheque for £10 to help you celebrate together.
For more information, please call the Poppy Lottery office on 01249 280016 and we will be happy to help.
POPPY PRIZE POST - FEBRUARY 2018
The winner will be drawn from the correct answers sent via email or post on 28 February
2018. Prize = A Battle of Britain lapel pin.
Prize cannot be exchanged for cash.