Terms and Conditions
POPPY LOTTERY TERMS & CONDITIONS
Social Responsibility Facts on Poppy Lottery:
1)All winning entries are selected by a computerised random number generator.
2)There are 400 prizes available to win in each Poppy Lottery draw: 1 x £2,000, 1 x £200, 2 x £100, 6 x £50, 10 x £20, 200 x £10, 180 x £5
3)In 2019 the average odds of winning a prize were 1 in 328.
4) For the year of 2019, for both our Poppy Lottery and Poppy Raffle:
- a) 4.7% of proceeds was spent on prizes
- b) 1.5% of the proceeds spent on expenses related to promoting and running the lottery and raffle
- c) 93.7% of the proceeds applied directly to the purposes of the society (the charitable cause).
- d) The total proceeds of all tickets sold was £8,494,657.
The following are the terms and conditions governing The Royal British Legion’s Poppy Lottery which is. licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission, www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
The Royal British Legion License details:
Non remote license no: 000-004294-N-102943
Remote license no: 000-004294-R-104539
Charity no: 219279
Promoter: The Royal British Legion, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA
Responsible person: Guy Upward, Assistant Director of Fundraising
Charity: The Royal British Legion
93% of lottery proceeds in 2019 (after prize and draw administration costs have been deducted), were passed to the society, The Royal British Legion.
Funds generated by the Poppy Lottery enable The Royal British Legion to provide services and support to those in the Armed Forces community.
- Purchase of entries to the Poppy Lottery must be from the Promoter, in accordance with the terms under which it promotes its lotteries.
2. Entries will not be sold to or by any person in a street, unless sold from a kiosk or on the doorstep.
3. Underage gambling is an offence and legally players must be aged 16 or over to enter lotteries. It is an offence for lottery entries to be sold to a person under 16. However, the rules for this lottery require new entrants since September 2016 to be over the age of 18. Any entrants found to be underage will forfeit the right to any prize and will have any monies paid in relation to the lottery returned to them.
4. The Promoter reserves the right to use the data provided by entrants to verify against publicly available data sources that they are over the age of 18.
5. Entrants must provide accurate entry information, including name, personal address and inform the Promoter of any changes to these details as soon as they arise.
6. Residents of England, Scotland and Wales (Great Britain) are permitted to enter. Those residing outside Great Britain, in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and overseas, are not permitted to enter.
7. Select employees of The Royal British Legion and those employed by their appointed External Lottery Manager are not permitted to enter.
8. Entrants agree to the Promoter’s use of the information they provide in accordance with the current data protection regulations.
9. The cost of each entry is £1. More than one entry per week may be purchased and payment must be made in advance by one of the methods permitted, subject to the below controls.
10. Extra entries may be purchased from the Promoter for any one weekly draw at £1 each, subject to the below controls.
11. The Royal British Legion is committed to operating a socially responsible lottery and as such will need to verify with entrants purchasing more than 10 weekly entries or more than 60 additional entries for any single weekly draw.
12. Payments can be made by Direct Debit, Standing Order, Postal Cheque, Postal Order or by Mastercard or Visa. CAF cheques may not be used to purchase entries.
13. Entries can be purchased online at www.poppylottery.org.ukor over the phone by calling the Poppy Lottery Helpline on 01249 280016 or by returning an application form to: The Royal British Legion Poppy Lottery, Bumpers Way, Bumpers Farm, Chippenham, SN14 6NG.
14. The Promoter will conduct the Poppy Lottery draw every Friday (or on the next working day if this falls on a public holiday). The draw will be conducted by computer operated random number generator.
15. The Poppy Lottery draw weekly prizes are: £2,000, £200, 2 x £100, 6 x £50, 10 x £20, 200 x £10, 180 x £5.
16. Every 3 months (January, April, July and September), one weekly draw becomes a Big Quarterly Draw with a bigger prize fund: £20,000, £5,000, £1,000, 2 x £500, 5 x £50, 45 x £25, 200 x £10, 145 x £5
17. Extra entries for the Quarterly Draws may be purchased online at www.poppyraffle.org.uk.
18. Prize cheques are sent within 28 working days of a draw to the name and address of the registered owners of all the winning entries.
19. Any prize cheques not banked by the recipient within 6 months of the date of issue will be cancelled and the value retained by the charity as a donation.
20. The only prize alternatives are those stated by the Promoter. No interest is payable on prizes and the Promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
21. From time to time the volume and/or value of prizes may increase.
22. No liability is accepted for loss, damage or disappointment in relation to non-cash prizes. Non-cash prizes may also vary slightly from the image/description shown.
23. A list of the winning prize numbers with the winner’s title, surname and town/county of residence is published on the Poppy Lottery website.
24. Entrants accept that they may be required to have their photograph taken should they win a prize for possible inclusion on our website and in lottery marketing materials.
25. No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
26. The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. Providing that entrants have complied with the terms and conditions of the Lottery, such cancellation will not affect their prior purchase of lottery entries nor their rights as a holder of such lottery entries.
27. Lottery entry payments will be held in a specific bank account and advance payments for future draws identified so that should the lottery be cancelled, entrants may be refunded payments for future draws.
28. The Promoter's decisions made according to the Terms and Conditions shall, once made, be final and binding.
29. If you have an enquiry or a complaint about Poppy Lottery, please call the Poppy Lottery Helpline on 01249280016 or email email@example.com.
If you feel you have a problem with gambling, visit www.begambleaware.org
or call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133